A friend tagged me on her blog, and since she is in my banner photo I feel obligated to play along. I also want to tell the story about how we met. Zhenya was a translator on several of our trips to Kurlovo orphanage in Russia. She was also on the last trip into the orphanage with me, and got to put up with me as a roommate. It was actually the only time I ever roomed with a translator, and we had the best time. So, my dear Zhenya, this is for you…I’m just cheating on the tagging 11 people at the end :), my love to you my sister!
This is how it goes…
- You must post the rules
- Post 11 fun facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag 11 people and link them in your post
- Let them know you have tagged them.
Fun Facts about me:
1. I love photography. (Check out my Photo tab at the top!)
2. I was born on my grandpa’s birthday and loved sharing that day with him until he passed away.
3. I spent a summer in China that changed my life.
4. I am a complete dork.
5. I still watch Survivor…I’m not ashamed.
6. I am a mission junkie. It’s an addiction, and I am not seeking treatment.
7. I love to cook, but I never write anything down.
8. My degree is in journalism and political science.
9. I laugh…a lot…
10. I have been to Liberia, Guatemala, Peru then to Russia 13 times…if you ask me, it’s not about the travel or a passport stamp. It is so much more.
11. I have an addiction to art, and consequently, framing. Just check out my office. I blame my parents.
And here are my answers to Zhenya’s questions:
1. If you had to be named after a city, state, or country (etc), which would you want it to be?
I think I would like to be named after Tanzania, so my nickname could be ‘Zani.’
2. What did you do for your latest birthday?
I actually spent it with a great group of people dedicated mission during the day, then was blessed to participate in a great conference called Sentralized that night. Heard of Michael Frost, or Alan Hirsch…I was with those folks!
3. What is your favorite commercial?
The commercial from last year with the little boy who tries to move things as Darth Vader…I laughed SO hard! Then decided it was probably a futuristic look at what my kids may be like eventually.
4. Have you ever been in a food fight? Where and when? And who started it?
Yes, on a mission trip throwing car to car…not my proudest moment, and I think I had something to do with it…
5. Have you ever sold/donated your blood? If you haven’t do you want to?
Have not…they don’t like my foreign experiences on paper, and feel my veins were contaminated.
6. Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
Mulan from the Disney movie…she may have had to dress like a solider, but she still kicked some serious butt, gained some great friends and got the guy in the end!
7. What do you think Victoria’s secret is?
She’s a man.
8. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question, who would you select and what is the question?
The apostle Paul. What did it feel like to leave the communities you felt connected to the most and move forward on your journey?
9. If you join the circus, what would you perform?
I would be the crazy person in the cage with the lions.
10. Have you ever eaten a crayon, or glue? Or what strange thing have you eaten?
Nope, I wasn’t THAT kid. The strangest thing I have had is probably chicken’s blood and it looked like red tofu. Oh, yah, it also was nasty.
11. What is the strangest name someone has introduced themselves as to you? What is their real name?
Someone once said their name was Zhenya, turns out…her name really was Zhenya. 😉
The ‘rules’ state I should tag people and give them questions…instead, I am going to pose 5 questions, and ask that if you got to the end of this post you put them in the comments. That’s how confident I am in not that many people getting to the end 😉
If God were to send you outside of our borders, where would you hope that would be and for what purpose?
If you were to be be a cartoon character, who would you be? (Mostly because this one stumped me!)
What was the last thing you read, and why?
What movie could you watch on an endless loop for an entire week?
What scripture verse do you want me to check out this week?